Winter weather can be unpredictable and it’s important to make sure your furnace is ready. Regular maintenance is essential for a safe, efficient, and reliable heating system. Furnace maintenance in Edina, MN, is easier than you think. This furnace maintenance checklist will help you get started and ensure your home’s furnace is ready for the cold season.
1. Change the Furnace Air Filter: A dirty air filter restricts airflow through the furnace, leading to poor performance and higher energy bills. Replace the filter every 1-3 months depending on usage, or when it appears dirty or clogged.
2. Inspect the Heat Exchanger: The heat exchanger needs to be inspected by a professional at least once a year for any signs of damage or cracking. Cracks can cause toxic carbon monoxide to leak into your home.
3. Clean the Blower Assembly: The blower assembly should be cleaned every few months and lubricated with oil once a year. This helps prevent overheating, improves efficiency, and extends the life of the furnace.
4. Check for Leaks: Inspect all fuel lines, ducts, and other components for any signs of leaks or damage. If you find anything wrong, it may be time for a professional furnace repair in St. Louis Park, MN.
5. Test for Carbon Monoxide: Have a carbon monoxide detector installed in your home and test it regularly to detect any gas leaks from the furnace or other appliances.
6. Schedule an Annual Tune-Up: A professional technician should inspect your entire system once a year to ensure that it is running efficiently and safely.
Regular furnace maintenance can help you avoid costly repairs and ensure your home stays warm and comfortable all winter long. If you don’t feel comfortable completing some of the items on this checklist, contact a professional HVAC company in Edina, MN for assistance. Following this checklist will help keep your furnace running smoothly for years to come!
At Blue Yeti Services, we specialize in furnace maintenance and repair. We provide our customers with the highest quality services to ensure their systems are running efficiently, safely, and reliably.