When your AC stops working in the height of summer, it’s obvious that you need to call an HVAC technician to come and fix it. However, what many homeowners don’t realize is that a regular maintenance schedule for your AC unit can help prevent these types of problems from happening in the first place. By routinely cleaning and servicing your AC unit, you can ensure that it runs smoothly all season long. Here are some of the things that are typically done during AC maintenance in Edina, MN.
1. Cleaning the coils – The coils in your AC unit can become clogged with dirt and dust over time. This can impede the flow of air and cause the unit to work harder than it needs to. During an AC maintenance appointment, the technician will clean the coils and remove any build-up that is causing problems.
2. Checking the refrigerant levels – The refrigerant is what helps to cool the air as it passes through the AC unit. If the level of refrigerant is low, it can cause the AC unit to work less efficiently. The technician will check the levels and add more if necessary.
3. Lubricating the moving parts – The moving parts in your AC unit need to be properly lubricated to function correctly. The technician will lubricate these parts during the maintenance appointment to ensure that they are working properly.
4. Inspecting the ductwork – The ductwork is what carries the air from the AC unit into your home. If there are any leaks or holes in the ductwork, it can cause the AC unit to work less efficiently. The technician will inspect the ductwork and make any necessary repairs. AC repair in Edina, MN is best left to the professionals. However, by keeping up with a regular maintenance schedule, you can help prevent major problems from occurring.
5. Cleaning the condenser – The condenser is what helps to remove heat from the air as it passes through the AC unit. Over time, the condenser can become clogged with dirt and dust. During an AC maintenance appointment, the technician will clean the condenser and remove any buildup that is causing problems.
By routinely scheduled AC maintenance, you can keep your unit running smoothly all season long. These are just a few of the things that are typically done during an AC maintenance appointment in Edina, MN. Blue Yeti Services is experienced in all types of AC repair and maintenance. We also perform central air conditioner repair in Edina, MN. Call us today at 952-222-8202 to schedule an appointment.